Thursday, October 1, 2009

Long overdue

Wow, I can't believe I haven't updated this thing since Easter. How sad. Well, here's my attempt to summarize what's been happening with us since then.

First, Nixon started walking around 4/17. Now he runs everywhere and wears me out, but it's so darn cute. He's getting better about not tripping as much.

Here's a video I wanted to share from May. I was cooking dinner and noticed Nixon coming in and out of the kitchen, so I decided to investigate. Here's what I found -


This is a photo Nathan's mom took one weekend she was here. I love it so much. He is the cutest child I've ever seen!


One day I gave Nixon an empty toothpaste box to play with. He kept doing the same thing with it every time he played with it. I call this one "Nixon Scissorhands"


In June we got a 3rd contract on our house and actually closed in late July (finally). I started packing about 2 weeks before closing. Nixon was a big help, as you can see below:



Some other big news includes finding Otis a new home. I know I said we could never give him up, however Nathan and I decided it was best to find him a loving home since we certainly were not being as loving as we needed to be. I think the stress of trying to sell the house, packing, moving, another kid on the way, etc. gave way to Otis not getting the attention or affection he needed. To make a long story short, we found the perfect new home for him. The family lives really close, has a huge yard along with 5 other dogs (they're HUGE animal lovers if you couldn't tell), 2 teenage kids, and a ranch in Oklahoma they take the dogs to every weekend. I'm pretty sure Otis is more in heaven now than he's ever been. Here's a photo of the day we said our goodbye to him at his new home.

We do miss him on occasion (ok, at least I do), but we know he's in a much better and happier place now.

Nixon attended his first baseball game on 7/29. He had more fun running around than anything else, but what do you expect from a 16 month old?


I'll end this post with a video of our unpacking at the new house. I was in the kitchen and knew Nixon was in the front living room climbing on boxes when I heard fussing. I walked in to see what was going on and found this:


I promise I'll post more regularly to keep everyone updated on the adventures of Nixon and his little brother to be!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK - We're going to hold you to the being better about posting promise!!!!! This entire post is so cute!!! I'm alternating laughing and crying.....crying because the videos are so funny, and then because I miss that little turkey so much. Oh! And you and Nathan, too. I love you guys!!!! Can't wait to see you!!!!!!

Emily said...

haha so cute. he has so much to teach his little brother... ;)